Always a top priority
Providing a safe work environment for everyone is a critical priority at Engelberth Construction. We firmly believe that safety is the key to operational excellence. Both clients and workers benefit from our award-winning safety program as we continually work to minimize injuries, eliminate property damage, and reduce operating costs.
A company-wide mission
Every person at Engelberth — from field personnel to office staff to our executive team — is charged with the mission of promoting, ensuring, and driving a culture of safety. We are committed to creating safe and injury-free workplace environments. Our ability to maintain a safety Experience Modification Rate (.67) well below the industry standard is proof that our strict policies and ongoing training efforts are a reflection of our commitment. We have also used special technology to measure human movement and this has prevented injury in the workplace.
An award-winning safety program
Each year, Engelberth receives safety recognition from both local and regional chapters of industry trade associations. National recognition touting Engelberth as one of the nation’s safest construction firms recently came from OSHA, as the company had its sixth project accepted into the SHARP safety program. We continue to be a leader in this highly-recognized program across the country. In 2014, Engelberth was the recipient of the Governor’s Award for Outstanding Workplace Safety for the State of Vermont.
Awards and recognition would not be possible without the commitment, dedication and teamwork of our workforce. Day in and day out, our hardworking staff protects not only their Engelberth family, but also those individuals impacted by construction. It’s simply the Engelberth way.
Safety Program Highlights:
- Ongoing safety training for all employees and subcontractors
- Project-specific safety plan tailored to the unique aspects of each project
- Superintendents, Foreman and 90% of our field employees are 30-hour OSHA trained, plus CPR and First Aid certified
- Award Winning “DOT” Safety Program: a visual indicator of an employee’s safety efforts
- Morning Stretch and Flex Program to increase flexibility and reduce injuries
- Safety meetings coordinated weekly by field supervisor
- Consistent spot safety inspections on all jobsites
- SHARP safety worksites